A game blog for grown ups (sorta).

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stupid Witcher 2 I have to buy you

Man sometimes it sucks being a person, and gamer with principles. I absolutely love developer CD Projekt. I love gog.com. I love to give them my hard earned money because I love the companies value and DRM free philosophies. It goes to show that some companies are focused on making money the right way by finding win-win situations with their customers rather than treating paying consumers like crops to harvest; like property that is rightfully theirs.

If you don't have a gog.com account go there now. You're welcome.

So The Witcher 2 has, as of right now, a 92 Metacritic score. It is a PC exclusive action RPG that is about as intuitive as a nuclear physics and is about as forgiving as Maria Shriver (come one! It was just ONE love child!) On paper I should absolutely adore the first entry in the series. I didn't, but I love the idea behind it and the company that made it.

The first entry in the Witcher had writing that I found, to put it nicely, sub par. The story followed protagonist Geralt (that is actually the protagonists name....) and his quest to save the world from something. I dunno I didn't pay much attention. I was too focused on banging local barmaids. Seriously. You got little collectible cards for every digital high fantasy ass you tapped. The writing wasn't all that great either. The controls and combat we're a little too difficult to even understand, never mind master. I got about to the end of the first questing area when I about called it quits.

I am, however, reluctantly resigned to give another $49.99 USD to developer CD Projekt for their sophomore entry into the series. I will, as a person who feels an obligation to support his industry and companies that move the industry forward, give the Witcher 2 an honest shot and my financial approval.

I just hope I like the game. Will definitely put up impressions!!!!

As a post script I generally like to preserve the artistic integrity and maturity of this blog but hot damn! Did you see the nude video of the chick who was the model for Triss on youtube? Duuuuuuuuuuuude (not for underage viewers)!

No comments:

Post a Comment