A game blog for grown ups (sorta).

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Can I actually ditch my Consoles?

I would definitely consider myself a member of the PC master race. I started playing games on a computer when I was 6 and it has always been my prefered method of experiencing our exhalted hobby. Despite my preferance I have always had at least one current gen console set up and I think I may be ready to buck that trend.

My house right now is an XBOX 360 household. My old, white, non-HDMI console sits there, usually gathering dust, occasionally seeing a AAA title enter it's oft-neglected DVD drive and I think to myself; why not just move my PC downstairs? I have an HDMI out on my videocard. Most AAA titles come out on Steam. I can get a blu-ray drive for my compy as well as use an XBOX 360 controller. Can I make the jump?

The decision isn't just one of practicality either. It would be a major life decision to rid myself of the white behemoth. I have had that ugly machine for quite a few years and have racked myself up a decent gamerscore. It's also fun to pop on to XBLA and download some indie or small titles and kill some time. I have definitely, and I think most of us have, built up an emotional connection with our consoles.

There is also the question of fighting the wife for our nice, sexy 42" LED LCD with the well positioned surround sound system. God forbid she doesn't watch all the fat fly in Biggest loser in full HD.

Also PAX East 2011 is less than 24 hours away! w00t!

3 comments:

  1. You mean the 42" LED LCD that I picked out??
    ~your loving wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're being unnecessarily silly. Even for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There is also the question of fighting the wife for our nice, sexy 42" LED LCD with the well positioned surround sound system. God forbid she doesn't watch all the fat fly in Biggest loser in full HD."

    You'll never get to use the PC. It's as simple as that.

    ReplyDelete